Monday 9 May 2011

Capcom - PSN down time costing us 'hundreds of thousands'



With the PSN being down following the hacking of the service is apparently costing Capcom "hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars in revenue" according to Christian Svensson, senior vice president at the publisher. Christian was asked on the Capcom Unity blog what he thought of the hackers responsible for the PSN outage. "I'm frustrated and upset by it for a number of reasons," he wrote. "As a consumer, I also play games online on PS3, which I can't do... and likely my personal information is also compromised. Secondly I like to buy things in the PlayStation Store and that I can't do right now. Sony also stated today that the PSN might not be fully up and running again until May 31, which means it would be six weeks after it was taken offline. Sony is reportedly considering offering rewards for help in its hunt for the hackers responsible for the PSN security breach last month. I wonder what the rewards would be?

Comment below to express your opinion!

14 comments:

  1. Of course game companies are losing money. I'm still waiting for someone to sue Sony, and I thought it would be this post. Close, but not yet I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow May 31st? That's a long freakin time. They better have some good compensation for the users. That security breach really screwed them over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reward would have to be cash, or nobody would even think about turning anybody in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaming companies are losing money, check Sony out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe this hasn't been sorted yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They just give us some time to block credit cards and get new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was PSN just not ready for launch when it was launched? This is crazy - it's like they're completely redoing the security like it was never even considered before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Sony really screwed up....

    ReplyDelete
  9. To think a company this big is crashing so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a loooong time. Glad I have an Xbox and forget about how PSN is down haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. PSN outage will sink Japanese economy even more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sony made a boo-boo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. poor capcom, it's not even their fault.

    ReplyDelete